A gas balloon flight is indisputably the premium class of balloon flights. Unfortunately there are now very few gas balloons left. This is due to the poor and expensive availability of the lifting gas helium or hydrogen.
In Switzerland there is currently no official launch site. In Germany, on the other hand, there are many more and cheaper launch options which is why often, and also due to the wind directions, a launch in Germany is selected.
A flight in a gas balloon is just a perfectly quiet floating on the air mass. Another big advantage is that the gas balloon can allow flights throughout the day in summer but also at night. And absolutely silently! Gas balloon flights have the advantage of taking place between March and October.
Flight height will be selected according to the best wind and can be around 3,000 metres or 4,000 metres. Ideal however is a fast flight a few hundred metres above the ground.
We depart in the early hours of the morning and land shortly before lunch time. A day flight can last from 5 to 8 hours depending on wind and weather conditions and day duration.
We depart as it grows dusk and land the next morning. A night flight can last from 8 to 12 hours depending on wind and weather conditions and day duration.
What awaits you:
- Meeting Point Balloon Terminal Take-Off Balloon AG, Mühlestrasse 5b, 3252 Worben, or by agreement
- Free car parking spaces in Worben
- A friendly welcome by our team
- A safety briefing and information on the upcoming event by the pilots and the crew
- Transfer to the set-up site (this may also be in another country)
- The opportunity to help with the set-up and learn about the “balloon” material
- A gas balloon flight for 5-8 hours (day flight) and 8-12 hours (night flight) in the air
- Maximum height of 4,000 metres above sea level
- Friendly aperitif and catering in the air
- No additional taxes and insurance costs
- Return transport to the meeting point
- Friendly farewell by our team